Post Fall Recovery course
- Post fall recovery course is to provide workers the specific training to meet their obligations in this regard under the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 (W.H.S-R).
- Injuries from falls are a significant work health and safety issue and our W.H.S-R requires us not only to manage risks associated with a fall, but also to implement emergency and rescue procedures whenever fall arrest systems are used.
- This three hour training session is offered additionally to and to complement our Work safely at Heights training. It is aimed at training workers in taking the necessary action in the unlikely event they or another worker falls on a fall arrest system.
- The timely rescue of a person suspended in a full body harness, as soon as is possible, is vital. We should limit the time a worker spends in suspension after a fall to less than five minutes, when a suspension is likely to be longer than five minutes, the provision of foothold straps or a way of placing weight on the legs should be provided to buy time for the rescue plan to be enacted.
- Our W.H.S-R requires the person conducting a business or undertaking, who implements a fall-arrest system as a measure to control fall risks, to establish emergency and rescue procedures. The procedures must be tested to prove that they are effective and workers must be provided with suitable and adequate information, instruction and training in relation to the emergency procedures.
- This training should be undertaken to meet your legal obligations in post fall recovery and revisited annually as evidence of ongoing competence.
Work safely at heights certificate (RIIWHS204D) that has been gained within the last two years.
Date: On Demand enquire call or email
281 Gravelly Beach Rd, Gravelly Beach, Tasmania, 7276.
1 pm to 4 pm ( 3 Hours )
On successful completion participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance.