Confined space rescue – 3 day package
- To equip participants with the knowledge and skills to safely identify hazards, assess risks and identify unacceptable risk, identify, assess and implement risk treatments, and completion of records and reports.
- To enable participants to conduct pre-inspection tests on breathing apparatus, as well as to safely operate and safely conclude breathing apparatus operations.
- To equip participants with the knowledge and skills to accurately prepare and control a permit site, as well as taking appropriate action for potential incident/s.
- To enable participants to identify range & scope of work covered by permit, undertake work strictly in accordance with permit, obtain appropriate sign offs, prepare & control a permit site, as well as taking appropriate action for potential incident/s.
- Prepare for gas testing, test atmospheres andf maintain equipment in accordance with legislative requirements
- Provide the knowledge and skills to safely enter and work in confined spaces, avoiding exposure to hazardous substances, flammables or explosive conditions or other health and safety issues.
- For personnel who issue work permits to understand the permit system, know the limitations of each permit and make decisions regarding the need for and correct use of each permit.
- To provide participants with the knowledge and skills to safely and accurately respond to an emergency situation, perform CPR and effectively communicate incident details.
- To enable participants to prepare for confined space rescue operation, assess and manage confined space/trench rescue, determine location and condition of casualties, gain entry to confined space, remove casualties & conclude rescue operations.
281 Gravelly Beach road,
Gravelly Beach, Tasmania, 7276.
3 days (24 hours)
0800 am to 1630 pm (8 hours)
Participants will be assessed via a questionnaire and practical demonstration of skills. Participants with literacy/numeracy difficulties or physical conditions should speak with the Trainer to discuss alternative assessment approaches. Applicants will be required to undertake physical activity to meet all the assessment criteria to a satisfactory level.
On successful completion, each participant will be issued with a Statement of Attainment in units below.
|UNIT NAME||UNIT CODE|
|Conduct Local Risk Control||RIIRIS201D|
|Issue Work Permits||MSMPER300|
|Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation||HLTAID001|
|Operate Breathing Apparatus||MSMWHS216|
|Gas Test Atmospheres||MSMWHS217|
|Observe Permit Work||MSAPMPER202A|
|Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit||MSAPMPER200C|
|Enter and Work in Confined Spaces||RIIWHS202D|
|Undertake Confined Space Rescue||PUASAR025A|